2020 UpdateDue to the pandemic, internship positions are virtual rather than in-country, but there are actually many ways to be involved at a distance: advocacy, social media, marketing/advertising, fundraising, copy-writing, and other projects in the field of communications or administration. Start a conversation with us to see how you can use and develop your skills!
Looking to do more with an internship requirement?
Interested in missions but aren’t ready for a long-term move?
Intern with us!
Work with One by One for 1-6 months and develop a greater knowledge and passion for missions and ministry because of it. Our hope is for the internship to benefit you and your ministry/professional goals as well as our mission to equip kids & youth to grow in their relationship with Christ and improve their quality of life.
In your internship, you’ll:
- see how big ministry vision is translated into day-to-day action
- see how each of our staff’s unique story, passions, and strengths come together for a common purpose.
- learn about culture, theology, and poverty (and what it isn’t)
- use and sharpen your current talents
- develop new skills and perspectives
- have a great time!
Here’s how to start the process:
1. Talk to us! If you’re thinking about internship, you probably have a lot of questions. Let our Teams & Interns Director (email@example.com) answer them for you so you can make an informed decision.
2. Pray. Ask God to open or close doors.
3. Ask. Get advice about what you should do from godly people who know you.
4. Apply. Completely fill out the Internship application, Lifestyle Covenant, and Release of Claim forms. You should also go ahead and download the Reference Form.
5. Interview. Once we have reviewed your application, our Teams & Interns Director will contact you for an in-depth interview.
6. Raise Support. If you have been accepted to work with One by One as an intern, you should then raise funds to pay for the internship.
7. Serve. Come and be a part of what God is doing in Nicaragua!